SEA Professional Development
May 16, 2019, Shoreline Center, D-105
Special Education Summer Boot Camps Now Part of Summer Learning Institutes
The WEA Special Education Support Center invites you to attend the Summer Learning Institutes! WEA provides trainings for educators, parents and advocacy/service organizations. More than 30 special education classes will be offered at three locations across the state during this year's Summer Learning Institutes.
When and Where
- June 25 – 28, Pasco, McLoughlin Middle School
- July 29 – Aug. 1, Battle Ground, Prairie High School
- Aug. 5 – 8, Auburn, Mountainview High School
Select Special Education Offerings:
- Behavior Interventions in Your School
- Classroom Teaming for Student Success
- Developing Non-Transition IEPs
- Developing Transition IEPs
- Special Education Data Collection Strategies In-Depth
- Special Education Effective Instruction
- Special Education and the Law
- Special Education and the Law for ESPs
- Students with Autism in Your Classroom
- Team Pre-Crisis De-escalation
- Washington State Standards Instruction and Special Education
- STEM – Computer Science for Special Populations
- Special Ed for the General Education Educators
1. FREE Clock Hours: that’s right, FREE Clock, TPEP and STEM Hours for
WEA members only.
Sign up today and meet new people, engage with instructors, and learn the latest
in new teaching strategies, the law and technology. Whether you’re a general
educator or in a specialized field, the WEA Summer Learning Institutes
offer a wide variety of classes to meet your needs.
For more information contact:
Sheila Beaver about Teaching and Learning.
Arlyn Palomo about National Board courses.
Melissa Marsh about Special Education classes.
Yvonne O’Neill about Culturally Responsive Strategies and ELL classes.